We want everyone to enjoy their fireworks and to be safe whitle doing so! Safety should be the #1 priority when handiing or being around fireworks! Aways be aware of your surroundings and take appropriate measures to protect yourself, family, friends, pets and personal belongings.
Listed below are a few tips and suggestions to keep in mind.
* Be extra careful with sparklers. Little arms are too short to hold sparklers, which can heat up to 1,200 degrees.
* Do not wear loose clothing while using fireworks.
* Never light fireworks indoors, near dry grass. or near other people/pets.
* Point fireworks away from people, pets, personal belonging, and keep away from brush, leaves and flammable substances.
* Be prepared for an accident or injury.
* Stand several feet away from lit fireworks. If a device does not go off, do not stand over it to investigate it!! Put it out with water and dispose of it.
* Always have a bucket of water and/or a fire extinguisher nearby. Know how to operate the fire extinguisher properly.
* If an injury occurs, immediately go to a doctor or hospital. If an eye injury occurs, do not touch or rub it, as this may cause even more damage.
*Know your fireworks! Read the caution label before igniting.